{news} CTGP Fundraising

Bob Eaton eaton at spazmo.com
Wed Oct 13 18:58:41 EDT 2004

The following is a report on CTGP Fundraising
that I wanted to be be read at the last SCC
meeting but time did not allow for:

Mike DeRosa received a quote from American
Mailing Services of $855.00 to 955.00 to do
a 2,000 fundraising mailing. We would only
need to pay $420 up front (the postage
costs) to start the mailing. There will
be a proposal at the next SCC meeting to
authorize an expenditure of up to $1,000
for a mailing.

We have had 3 recent fund raisers:
1) Pat Lamarche event in Fairfield that brought
in $71 dollars.

2)  A fundraising mailing that Elizabeth Brancato
did and paid for. This mailing has so far brought
in $670. If we include pledges for the future
(100 for 100) it adds up to  $780.

3) We also had a Woody Guthrie's American Song
Reception that brought in a NET of $320.

We now have 18 people in the 100 for 100 program
with a total yearly commitment of $2,520.
(This includes members that have either given a
onetime donation of $100+ or committed to do so
for the year.)

Best,

--
Bob Eaton / Head Spazmo