{news} band available for CT Green Party events/fundraisers

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 15 21:26:02 EDT 2004

  Our band would love to help out your Connecticut Green Party chapter, or Connecticut Green Party political campaign.  Our band, The Patriot Act (a.k.a. The Known Unknowns) would love to play at your Green Party fundraiser or other progressive political event.
       The members of our band have all played with many local bands (mostly blues).  Here's a rundown of bands we are currently in or have played with recently:

  Tom Sanders--The Hornets
  Mark Easton--Sweet Daddy Cool Breeze
  Joe Elliot--The Hornets, Janet Ryan, Sweet Daddy
  Greg Allen--Chris Tofield & The Bluesbenders
  Mark Schuyler--Beach Bums

       You can check out our band this Sunday October 17 at Black-Eyed Sally's--we will be playing in the CT Blues Society Blues Challenge;  we play at 10pm.  Black-Eyed Sally's is at 350 Asylum St. in Hartford (860-278-7427) (www.blackeyedsallys.com for directions and parking info).  Also, you can check out our web site, www.the-patriot-act.org.  It's still under construction, but you can listen to a couple of our tunes.
       We could play in Hartford, New Haven, or most anywhere within an hour or so of Hartford.

  Tom Sanders
  tom at the-patriot-act.org

  Note from Ed DuBrule, secretary:  the above notice results from an e-mail sent to me by Tom.  His e-mail to me contains the link www.the-patriot-act.org (or www.the-patriot-act-.org with a hyphen following the word "act").  I am able to connect to the website by clicking on the link in Tom's e-mail.  For reasons I don't understand, I cannot reach the website by putting www.the-patriot-act into my internet browser.  I have Tom's phone number, if there are any problems with his e-mail address.