{news} chapter reps/listkeepers--can you help improve our addresses for fundraising letter, and add names?

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 20 23:54:15 EDT 2004

     The Executive Committee is planning to do a large fundraising letter (to 2000 names or more) in November.  In the past such fundraising letters ("the annual fundraising letter") have brought in substantial amounts of donations to the CT Green Party.  The list we will be using, basically, will be the list of registered Greens obtained a few months ago from the CT Secretary of State's office.  I am able to forward to you this list in Microsoft Excel.  (This mailing will be discussed as a proposal from the Executive Committee at the October 26 SCC meeting at Wesleyan.)
     We would greatly like for chapters to look over the list and make address corrections to it, and also add names of other Greens that should be included in the mailing.
     You can look through the list for Greens living in towns included in your chapter.  (The list I send to you will be sorted by town.)  I will ask that you make a note in one designated column of the Excel spreadsheet regarding an address correction or an added name.
     If you are able to help out in this way, please contact Ed at edubrule at sbcglobal.net or 860-523-4016.  We ask that the corrected/added-to list be returned to Ed by November 5.
P.S.  If you are able to give some time to working on the lists I receive back from chapters, let me know.  For this, minimal Excel skills would be needed--I can probably describe what you need to know in 10 minutes if you don't already know Excel but you have general Microsoft Office skills (opening and saving files, etc.).  I anticipate that that this work--production of the final list to be sent to the mailing bureau--will be done during a period of a few days after November 5.