{news} Fw: We did it!

Tom Sevigny capeconn at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 06:07:30 EST 2004

Morning After
----- Original Message -----
From: Kara Mullen, Green Party of the US
To: capeconn at attbi.com
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 4:48 PM
Subject: We did it!

            Dear Friend,

            I am pleased to be able to share some great news with you today.  Thanks to the inspired generosity of many dedicated Greens, we raised enough funds to purchase a full-page ad in the New York Times.

            Your immediate response to our request for support was awesome!  You donated enough money just in the nick of time to secure the space for the ad.

            Now we are at the mercy of the New York Times.  We were just informed that our special rate does not guarantee placement on November 3rd.  Our ad will instead print within a two week window after November 2nd.  While we didn't have the $100,000 to guarantee placement on November 3, the advertisement will run while the election is still on the forefront of people's minds.

            On behalf of the Green Party of the United States, I would like to thank the many generous supporters who helped make this ad placement happen.  We will send a copy of the ad to each of you.

            If you didn't have the opportunity to support this ad, it's not too late.  We are trying to expand our "Morning After Campaign" beyond the ad in the Times.   A donation now would help us to run additional advertisements after the election.  These ads will build awareness of the Green Party, secure support for our future activities and reinforce a sense of pride in being Green.

            Again, a heartfelt thank you to everyone who supported our appeal to place the New York Times ad.  Together we are making history and building a strong Green future!

            Sincerely,

            Kara Mullen

            Fundraising Director

            PS: It's not too late to support the Morning After Campaign.  There are many people that feel a strong need for systemic change.  Let's reach them now!