{news} John Amarilios in Aug 8 Greenwich Time

Karin L. Norton karinlee1 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 1 00:33:15 EDT 2004

Also very important to remember NASW CT Chapter. NASW PACE PAC, the
National Association of Social Workers Political Action for Candidate
Election provides three levels of endorsement, and our candidates do
very well usually. The least level provides recognition as a PACE
endorsed candidate. Second tier provides support by NASW membership
as volunteers. Top level of endorsement provides for mobilization of
volunteers as well as monetary donations.

Green candidates do very well with achieving NASW endorsements. I
believe that it would be possible to seek approval so a Green
candidate might be able to accept a small donation from this PAC, but
I don't know how this would fly with our monetary policy. Of course,
we haven't yet had a first level endorsement.

To inquire re: endorsement, contact Hillary Russell, LCSW - Director
of Political Organizing. E-MAIL: hillaryrussell at conversent.net at
Chapter Office (860) 257-8066 or general e-mail naswct at conversent.net

I do not know if the endorsement process has already been finalized,
if it has, I apologize for getting candidates' hopes up.