{news} Internal Elections and Annual Meeting

Jean de Smet demac at galaxyinternet.net
Sun Apr 3 15:57:25 EDT 2005

Greetings to all Greens,

The Annual Meeting of the State of CT Green Party is scheduled for April 17th in New Haven, at the Greater New Haven Labor Council Offices, time TBD.  Please put this on your calendar, and we will get you more specific information, including  the agenda and directions, as soon as we can.

We wanted to let you know as soon as possible because the annual Election of Green Party Officers will also be held at that time.

Candidates so far are:

*co-chair:  Aaron Gustafson, Kelly McCarthy, Mike DeRosa

*treasurer:  Bob Eaton

*secretary:  Barbara Barry DeRosa

*US Green Party reps:  Tim McKee, Tom Sevigny

*US Green Party rep alternate:  Karin Norton

There are exactly as many candidates as there are positions;  there are no contested positions.  The ballot will allow voting for write-ins, none of the above and nominations from the floor, as usual.

All candidates must announce their intention to run by April 8th at 5 pm.  At that time, ballots, candidate statements and related information will be available to all members who would like to vote but cannot attend the annual meeting, via the website, email or US Post Office.  This is a very short timeframe, and we apologize.

Please respond to JeandeSmet at galaxyinternet.net, 860 456-2188, if you would like a copy of the ballot and associated information sent to you by email or by US Post Office on April 9th.  Instructions on how to cast an absentee vote will be included at that time (and posted on the website).

Please be on the look-out for more updates.  And please share this information within your chapters.

Thank you,

The Internal Elections Committee