{news} we need a treasurer candidate

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 13 22:59:21 EDT 2005

Please forward the below widely within the Connecticut Green Party.  Chapters, please put on your chapter listserves.
We do not have a candidate for treasurer (Bob Eaton is no longer a candidate).  Please consider running.  Nominations will be accepted from the floor at the annual meeting (this Sunday--candidate forum at noon, voting at 1pm).  A person who wishes to state his/her candidacy for treasurer need not be present at the annual meeting for his/her name to be put in nomination from the floor.  (If this situation applies to you, e-mail your request to be announced as a candidate to JeandeSmet at galaxyinternet.net.) (It is desirable, however, that a treasurer candidate participate in the candidate forum.)

Without a treasurer, the Connecticut Green Party cannot legally exist.

 (Though I believe individual chapters can still exist--but I don't know the legalities here--each chapter may need to appoint a treasurer??)