{news} Elizabeth Brancato, Justine McCabe, and David Eliscu were approved to serve on Peace Action Committee

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 19 12:36:41 EDT 2005

     At its 4/11/05 meeting, the Executive Committee of the Connecticut Green Party decided that Elizabeth Brancato, Justine McCabe, and David Eliscu are approved by the Connecticut Green Party to serve on the Peace Action Committee of the national party.
     The Executive Committee acted in accord with a proposal (pasted below) passed by the March 2005 SCC meeting.  (The minutes of that meeting have not yet been completed, but will be put on the News listserve before the April 26 SCC meeting.)   Solicitation of other candidates had been done previously.  The agenda item "approval of Elizabeth Brancato, Justine MccAbe and David Eliscu to serve on national Green Party's Peace Action Committee" appeared on the March SCC agenda, although time did not permit consideration of it at that meeting.  I am publishing notice of approval today to the News listserve.
     The minutes of the 4/11/05 Executive Committee meeting have not yet been completed, but will be put on the News listserve before the April 26 SCC meeting.
--Ed DuBrule
former CT Green Party secretary and former member of the Executive Committee--my term in office ended 4/17/05, the date of the CT Green Party's annual meeting, when new officers (including a new secretary) were elected.
Appendix 4

    Green Party Meeting Proposal Form

PRESENTER:  Executive Committee

CONTACT:  Elizabeth M. Brancato, 19 Smith Street, Torrington, CT  06790, embrancato at netzero.com

SUBJECT:  Approval of Delegates to National Committees

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE:

There are many national committees which SCC members in good standing can join and contribute to.  We feel this benefits and strengthens our SCC, as well as the individual delegates.  We would like to encourage members joining and working on national committees.  We have, in the past, put these nominations before the full SCC.  This has sometimes resulted in delay and discouragement.  The SCC meetings often do not have quorum.  When there is quorum, the agendas are so full that often all business is not done, or is done in a rushed manner.

PROPOSAL:

 We propose that the Connecticut Green Party allow the Executive Committee to approve delegates to national committees.  Notice of the pending approval and solicitation of other candidates will take place before the approval.  Notice of the approval will be posted on the News list serve within 48 hours of the approval being granted.  Notice of the approval will be reported at the next SCC meeting as part of the report of the Executive Committee.