{news} Should the bankruptcy abuse prevention bill be rejected

The Pen aol_an at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 14:54:07 EST 2005

The Senate Republican leaders have now filed for cloture (a
move to preclude a filibuter) on the bankruptcy abuse prevention
act, which will be voted on this coming Tuesday.  With the
exception of a minor rewording of the definition of "special
circumstances" every proposed amendment, including
restrictions on predatory lending practices and corporate
retirement fund theft so far has been blocked.  The banks and
credit card companies pushing for this would like to believe this is
a fair way to restrict bankrupty filings.  Do you?

Here is a one click page where you can send your personal
message to both of your senators and your house representative
too, all with one click.

http://www.usalone.org/bankruptcy.htm

And remember we will set up a custom action page for any issue
of your own you like for no charge, and you get a snazzy drop-in
dynamic menu for your own web page to help promote it at

http://www.usalone.org/action_center.html

Please forward this message and post this link everywhere you
can to everyone you know.

Or if you want to get off our list, just email back indicating same.

NEVER SEND SPAM. IT IS BAD.