{news} Exec Committee endorsed March 19 march/rally against Iraq war; info on the march/rally

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 12 21:05:21 EST 2005

At its 3/7/05 meeting, the Executive Committee of the CT Green Party endorsed the march and rally against the war and Iraq which will occur in Hartford on March 19.  Information on this event, taken from the American Friends Service Committee calendar sent 3/4/05, is below.  (The entire calendar was published on the News listserve 3/4/05.)
Every Saturday until March 19:

Person to Person Outreach for March 19 Demonstration

Also in New Haven--contact AFSC 860.523.1534 for info.

10:00am- 12:00noon

La Paloma Sabanera coffeehouse,

405 Capitol Avenue in Hartford.

We have had fabulous results with this effort--I highly encourage you to participate. After a brief training, we'll walk in pairs through the neighborhoods, with maps and literature, knocking on doors and asking people to march with us. The more people on the doors, the more

people coming to the march.

If you are planning on coming, please contact Caitlynne Palmieri at 860-547-0122 or caitlynnep at hotmail.com

Every Tuesday until March 19:
Organizing Meeting for March 19 Anti-War Demonstration

7:30 p.m.

CT Green Party HQ, 418A New Britain Ave. Hartford

Contact: AFSC 860.523.1534

Saturday, March 19:
March and Rally Against the War in Iraq
Statewide antiwar march and rally in Hartford.
12:00 pm.
360 Broad Street Hartford CT 06105

March will begin at noon in front of the State Armory at 360 Broad St., Hartford. Rally will be at 1:00pm at Barnard Park (South Green) on Main Street in Hartford.
Contact: Meg Scata megscata at yahoo.com 860-347-5488

Sponsored By: CT United For Peace, American Friends Service Committee, Connecticut Coalition for Peace and Justice, Volunteers of the Hartford Undercurrent, Northeast Coalition for Peace and Justice, Latinos Contra La Guerra, Middle East Crisis Committee, Al-Awda (The Palestine Right to Return Coalition), Middletown Alliance For Peace, CT Green Party, Hartford Bring The Troops Home Now Committee, CT Trans-Advocacy Coalition, C.L.A.S.H. Collective, Southern Connecticut State University Antiwar Coalition, November 3rd Coalition, Peace Action Stamford/Greenwich http://www.ctunitedforpeace.org