{news} (no subject)

Andy Derr amderr at ctol.net
Thu Mar 24 20:33:23 EST 2005

	The third election strategy session for the Green Party of CT
will be on Saturday, April 2, at 12 noon in New London.  The meeting
will be at the Public Library of New London, 63 Huntington Street, in
the meeting room.  For more information, contact me by e-mail, or
call me at 860-437-8826.
	Directions-
	From the West, take I-95 North to exit 83.  At the traffic
light at the end of the ramp, go straight- you are now on Huntington
Street.  The Library is on the left immediately after the third
traffic light, at the corner of State and Huntington.  There is some
parking behind the library; turn left just past the building.
	From the North, take I-395 South to exit 78 (left exit).
This dumps you out onto Rt 32 south.  Follow Rt 32 past Conn College
and I-95, and just past I-95 it turns into Eugene O'Neill Drive.  At
the third light past I-95, turn right on State Street.  Go up State
about 1/4 mile, and turn left onto Huntington.  The Library is right
there on your left at the corner.
	From the East, take I-95 South across the Gold Star Bridge,
and take the first exit over the bridge, exit 84.  The exit splits
into three; keep all the way to the left, following the signs for
Downtown New London.  The exit puts you onto Eugene O'Neill Drive.
At the third light, turn right on State Street.  Go up State about
1/4 mile, and turn left onto Huntington.  The Library is right there
on your left at the corner.
	Public Transit- Amtrak and Greyhound both come to New London.
I don't know if there are any trains or buses that arrive at
convenient times.   Union Station, where they both arrive, is on
Water Street and State Street.  Walk out of the building, turn left,
and you come to State Street almost immediately.  Turn right on
State, and walk up the street about 1/4 mile.  When you reach
Huntington Street, the Library is on your left.
	State Street has several restaurants open on Saturday
morning- also Bank Street, which crosses State Street between Eugene
O'Neill and Union Station.