{news} Executive Committee proposal--event endorsement

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 26 13:58:39 EST 2005

The Executive Committee will be asking, at the beginning of the meeting, that the following proposal be added to the agenda of the March SCC meeting.
    Green Party Meeting Proposal Form

PRESENTER:  Executive Committee

CONTACT:  Elizabeth M. Brancato, 19 Smith Street, Torrington, CT  06790, embrancato at netzero.com

SUBJECT:  Event Endorsement by the Executive Committee

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE:

The Executive Committee has the authority to approve the endorsement of events when there is not time to bring the request for approval before the full SCC.  Most event endorsements are straightforward and not at all controversial.  SCC meetings often do not have quorum, and even when they have quorum, the agenda is full.  We believe that the time of the SCC would be better spent if routine endorsements were taken care of by the Executive Committee.

PROPOSAL:

We propose that the Connecticut Green Party allow the Executive Committee to approve the endorsement of all events.  The EC will approve the endorsement if there is full consensus.  If there is not full consensus, and there is time to put the endorsement before the SCC, it will be added to the agenda for the next meeting and will be discussed and decided-upon by the full SCC.  If there is not time to put the endorsement before the full SCC, a simple majority vote of the Executive Committee will prevail.