{news} proposal from Executive Committee-national committee appointments

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 26 13:58:52 EST 2005

The Executive Committee will be asking, at the beginning of the meeting, that this proposal be added to the agenda of the March SCC meeting.

    Green Party Meeting Proposal Form

PRESENTER:  Executive Committee

CONTACT:  Elizabeth M. Brancato, 19 Smith Street, Torrington, CT  06790, embrancato at netzero.com

SUBJECT:  Approval of Delegates to National Committees

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE:

There are many national committees which SCC members in good standing can join and contribute to.  We feel this benefits and strengthens our SCC, as well as the individual delegates.  We would like to encourage members joining and working on national committees.  We have, in the past, put these nominations before the full SCC.  This has sometimes resulted in delay and discouragement.  The SCC meetings often do not have quorum.  When there is quorum, the agendas are so full that often all business is not done, or is done in a rushed manner.

PROPOSAL:

 We propose that the Connecticut Green Party allow the Executive Committee to approve delegates to national committees.  Notice of the pending approval and solicitation of other candidates will take place before the approval.  Notice of the approval will be posted on the News list serve within 48 hours of the approval being granted.  Notice of the approval will be reported at the next SCC meeting as part of the report of the Executive Committee.