{news} October Chapter Meeting Canceled for Campaigning and/or Meeting on Eminent Domain

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Mon Oct 17 18:59:36 EDT 2005

Allan Brison and I have canceled the October New Haven Green Party Chapter meeting scheduled for this Wednesday evening October 19, and we urge you to attend an important meeting on Reforming Eminent Domain in Connecticut.  See below.  Alternatively, you could spend that evening working for a local Green Party candidate, either Eric Brown in New Haven or Kelly McCarthy in Hamden.  Our next chapter meeting will be Wednesday November 19 at 7:30 pm at the home of Allie Perry and Charlie Pillsbury.

Charlie Pillsbury
247 Saint Ronan Street
New Haven CT 06511
203-865-6575
chapillsbury at igc.org

New Haven Urban Design League
a discussion with State Senator Martin Looney

Special guest: Attorney John Williams, counsel to Hill residents who lost their homes to eminent domain

Special preview: "The Upper Hill,"a film by Lisa Molomot, on the experience of New Haven residents facing the lost of their neighborhood to eminent domain

October 19, 2005, 5:30 PM
New Haven Public Library, 133 Elm Street
Community Program Room (enter lower level from Temple Street)

Connecticut has dozens of laws and regulations regarding the use of eminent domain. Senator Looney is proposing that the Legislature use the groundswell of interest generated by the Kelo vs New London Supreme Court case to address not only the use of eminent domain for economic development, but to also look at reforms that would make the constitutionally accepted uses of eminent domain more just and beneficial.

Come ask your questions! Refreshments will be served

New Haven Urban Design League
129 Church Street  Suite 419  New Haven, CT 06510
203 624 0175 t
203 495 9847 f

urbandesignleague at iconn.net
www.urbandesignleague.org