{news} Re: Modified Consensus Workshop

smderosa smderosa at cox.net
Thu Oct 20 19:36:42 EDT 2005

Judy:

I respectfully disagree with you.

In the past year on numerous occasions, I and others have requested at
meetings that membeers of the Greater Hartford chapter and other chapters
have an opportunity to be trained as facilitators when that training took
place. We have been assured for over a year that we would have that
opportunity. The position of facilitator even under modified consensus is a
powerful position that should be shared by all chapters equally. This is
part of our by-laws, has been practice for several years, and is based on
elementary fairness.  As I read it,  people from seven chapters are allowed
to be trained or retrained, and the other five chapters do not have this
opportunity. Could you explain this?

I am also perplexed by the requirement that you need to have chaired two
meetings before you can get training.  Isn't this a Catch 22 ?  You can't
get training unless you facilitate two meetings.  But you can't facilitate a
meeting unless you get training.  What's going on here?  Perhaps you could
explain this to me?

Are all of the people on your invited list going to attend?  Some Hartford
chapter members and other chapters are interested in learning the modified
consensus approach as it is practiced in the Green Party and repectfully
want to participate in this process.  Why our legitimate requests being
rejected?

Sincerely,
Mike DeRosa