Fw: {news} [usgp-coo] GP-US Proposal Results: ID 247 - Local ReferendaResolution for Divestment and Right of Return

Justine McCabe justinemccabe at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 20:32:22 EDT 2006

Tim and Charlie,
I very much appreciate your new resolve to inform us about proposals coming before the NC.  However, the point of my earlier post was to urge you  to inform us before the vote-- not after you have already voted-- so that you can receive the imput from your GPCT constituents upon which your vote will presumably be based.

In that I remind you of the enormous frustration we all feel when our US congressional representatives vote against the wishes of the majority of Americans who oppose the war in Iraq, want single payer health insurance, and US compliance with the Kyoto treaty (among others).  As far as I know, I am the only person who expressed an opinion on Proposal 247 (in the affirmative).  How is it that you both voted NO without taking that into account, or presenting the pros and cons of the issue, or of soliciting the opinions of other GPCT members?   For example, I would like you to explain what is "lopsided" about this proposal.

Given the GP's intention to be grassroots-based, "open and transparent,"  I understand your responsibility to your constituents as representatives to the NC does not mean that you are simply empowered to vote your personal opinion but to solicit the wishes of your GPCT constituents on the issues coming before the NC and to vote according to that imput.

I look forward to learning in advance about new GPUS proposals in advance of the vote as well as your  solicitation of our
views on them.

Regards,
Justine McCabe