{news} re: Thornton to Protest Debates

ken krayeske ken at votethornton.com
Fri Oct 6 13:39:15 EDT 2006

For Immediate Release
Oct. 6, 2006
for more information, contact campaign manager Ken Krayeske, 860-995-5842

Thornton Campaign to Protest Debates
Green Gubernatorial Candidate calls for Demonstrations

/Hartford /- The Thornton for Governor campaign will protest its
exclusion from the televised statewide debates with a mass demonstration
outside of the Garde Theatre in New London, starting at 6 p.m, Monday,
Oct. 9.

"The only way to address this grave injustice is to protest and
demonstrate, loudly and non-violently," Green Party gubernatorial
candidate Cliff Thornton said. "We want peace, so we will work through
peaceful means. While the two parties and their servants in the business
world have tried to silence our rights to free speech, they cannot
obstruct our right to peaceably assemble. So we plan to gather, and
gather in the largest numbers the Connecticut Green Party has ever seen."

Thornton has tickets for the debates, and will attempt to enter the
Garde Theatre with these tickets.  The Thornton for Governor campaign
will live blog <http://www.votethornton.com/blog/> the debate from the
home of a local New London supporter. There Green Party is forming
carpools to New London from Willimantic, New Haven and Hartford.

"We respect the institution of the debates," Thornton said, "but we need
to demonstrate to the two party system that we will not take this
sitting down. The Republicans and the Democrats have lied and trampled
our rights to free speech."
--

Peace,

Ken Krayeske

Campaign Manager

Thornton for Governor

P.O. Box 1971

Manchester, CT 06045

860-995-5842

*This message is paid for and approved by Thornton for Governor, Max
Wentworth, Treasurer*