{news} Correcting Van Nunes's lies about Green Partform "SupportingHezbollah"

Michael Westerfield westerfield at sysmatrix.net
Sun Apr 22 23:28:26 EDT 2007

I am not sure that the Party can choose not to seat a person elected to an
office by a democratic process because some disagree with her her views or
the way she presents them.

Amy is often overly confrontational and sometimes has her information a
bit confused, but generally the thrust of her argument is right on the
mark and she is true Green through and through.  Her point, as Jean has
pointed out is that the Green Party, which has non-violence as a Key
Value, has not clearly condemned all use of violence regardless of the
cause or the provocation or the parties using it in relation to the
Palestine/Israel and some have perceived the views of some individual
Green Party members in positions of importance to be very close to
antisemitic.

Rather than attacking the messenger, even a rather confrontational one, we
should hear the message and clearly state the Green Party's absolute
committment to non-violence and roundly condemn all cases of using
violence for political purposes, regardless of how sympathetic we might be
to the cause for which the violence is used.

Michael W.