{news} Bylaw proposal to be reviewed by chapters. This will be voted on at the 2-27-07 SCC meeting.

Michael Westerfield westerfield at sysmatrix.net
Fri Feb 9 11:04:14 EST 2007

Oh, my.

I'm not sure that I like the possibility of by-passing approval by the
Chapters for by-laws changes.  As we all know, attendance at the Annual
Meeting/Convention can be rather sporatic/eccentric/unrepresentative/poor.
I think that all proposed by-law changes should be submitted to the
Chapters for review. Perhaps if they fail to act upon them by either
accepting or rejecting, then perhaps they should go to the Annual Meeting.

Michael Westerfield