{news} FW: FIGHT THE HIKE- Feb. 13th Hearing on CT Energy Plan

allan brison apbrison at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 14:39:36 EST 2007

----Original Message Follows----

From: "Frank Panzarella" <frankpanzarella at hotmail.com>
To: various
Subject: FIGHT THE HIKE- Feb. 13th Hearing on CT Energy Plan
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:36:36 -0500

The campaign to fight for rate relief and a rational energy plan for CT  is
moving forward.  After a successful opening salvo in Hartford, where we met
with several members of the energy committee, the governor's energy point
person, and held a spirited rally, we are now getting to the nitty-gritty
work of broadening our message state-wide, while continuing to press the
legislature for substantive change.  We will not accept mediocre bandaids on
a shark bite or window dressing to cover over the rate increases.

We continue to demand:  Reverse the rate increase, fire the DPUC,
re-regulate the industry, and protect consumers by creating a publicly owned
utility with full transparency in the buying and billing processes.  We also
continue the fight for clean, sustainable energy.

On Tuesday, February 13th we will bring our demands once again to the
Capitol/Legislature and speak out at a public hearing of the energy and
technology committee.  The hearing takes place at the LOB (legislative
Office Building) right next door to the Capitol Bldg. at 9:30am.  However
the public portion only begins at Noon.  We need everyone possible to join
us to speak out against the disaster created by de-regulation.  The
proposals currently being floated by both sides only add insult to injury as
they do not seriously address the rate increase, they leave out major
components for re-regulation, and are far too vague to be trustworthy.  We
would like to see every environmental and community organization represented
at this hearing to show the resolve of the people of CT for significant and
innovative energy policy change.

Please join us on February 13th or help out in other ways.  We also need
people to help us broaden the campaign, help us with a phone calling
campaign to legislators, help us build ties to other groups around the state
in your own communties, circulate our petition and more.

To join our carpool to Hartford on Feb. 13th call Allan Brison at
203-782-6808 or email to apbrison at hotmail.com

To get involved in other ways email to Frankpanzarella at hotmail.com or call
me at 203-562-2798 and don't forget to leave a number for me to return your
call.

To sign up to speak at the hearing on Tuesday Feb. 13th please call David
Serkosky at 860-836-0256

Please post this message to any list appropriate.

>From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards®
http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1