{news} Tue, 10/23/2007 - The Drug War is Meant to be Waged Not Won--Cliff Thornton

Clifford Thornton efficacy at msn.com
Wed Oct 10 07:24:05 EDT 2007

        http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/lunchLectures.htm<http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/lunchLectures.htm>
Capital Community College
950 Main Street, Hartford CT 06103
Tel: (860) 906-5000 or (800) 894-6126
                Lunchtime Lecture Series
Unless otherwise indicated in the schedule below, all events:

  a.. are open to faculty, staff, students, and guests
  b.. are held in the Community Room on the 2nd floor
  c.. begin at 12:00 noon and end at (or before) 1:00
Reservations are not required. Please bring your own food and drinks. If you would like to present a topic you think will be of interest to the campus community, please contact Derek Maxfield at 906-5047. Thanks!

      Schedule of Events
      Tue, 10/2/2007 - "Who Shall it be?": Assessing the Presidential Election Scene
      Prof. Derek Maxfield, Capital Community College

      Tue, 10/9/2007 - African Art and Culture
      Benjamin Betsem Atiback

      Mon, 10/15/2007 - Fork in the Road: A Companion for Women Who are Going Back to School Later in Life (and Those Who Want to)
      Donna Berman, Charter Oak College

      Tue, 10/16/2007 - By The Rivers of Babylon
      The author will read from her newest book.
      Cindy Brown Austin

      Tue, 10/23/2007 - The Drug War is Meant to be Waged Not Won
      The inner cities have been in a war for over thirty years. We have spent over a trillion dollars and yet there are more illegal drugs on our streets than ever before. This, I and many others feel is the most important problem we will face in our lives.
      Cliff Thornton, Efficacy