{news} 3 proposed agenda items for 10-16-07 EC meeting

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Tue Oct 16 11:31:40 EDT 2007

I think Amy raises several good points.  I propose, therefore, that the EC
put on the SCC agenda later this month two resolutions.   First, nominate
Amy, Cliff and Mike to fill the three CT vacancies on the GPUS NC.  I
suggest Amy, as she's currently our alternate delegate, and Cliff and Mike,
as they're the two state co-chairs, who are not currently running for
elected office.  These would be interim appointments, and they would serve
until they or their replacements are re-elected or elected, as the case may
be, at our annual spring convention.  The SCC has the power to do this, and
one reason to do it now is my nomination of Cliff to serve on the NC's
Steering Committee.  I am concerned that he may not be eligible to serve
unless he is also one of our official delegates to the NC.

Second, re-appoint Justine McCabe as one of our delegates to the IC for
another two year term.  I think Justine has done an outstanding job on the
IC and is currently one of its co-chairs.  I think Amy has every right to
disagree with Justine's political positions (which by the way represent the
views of many Greens), but her continued personal attacks against Justine
may open her to being censored again for conduct in violation of our state
party by-laws.

Finally, the New Haven chapter would like to see another matter put on the
SCC agenda, as we were requested to do by the GPUS.  We would like the SCC
to begin, perhaps by naming an ad hoc committee, the process of determining
how the CTGP will select delegates to the 2008 presidential nominating
convention.  One proposal, currently favored by New Haven Greens, is to
allocate to each Congressional District one-fifth of the total number of
delegates and then let Greens in those CDs decide who will represent them in
Chicago next summer.

Thanks, Charlie