{news} Appeals For Help In Petitioning for McKinney and for Nader

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:09:36 EDT 2008

I've recently received appeals for both Cynthia McKinney, Green Party candidate for President, and Ralph Nader, Independent candidate for President, to help get them on the ballot in Connecticut.

If you don't have McKinney or Nader petitions and would like them, please ask me or one of the contacts below for copies. If you need financial support, the Nader campaign is paying petitioners (call one of the numbers below).

The McKinney petition can also be downloaded from http://www.ctgreens.org/candidates/president.petition.2008.pdf

Deadline for all petitions is August 6.

David Bedell

As you know, the Cynthia McKinney 2008 campaign is trying to
get on the ballot here in CT.  We need petitioners to hit the street NOW to
get Cynthia on the ballot.  We need a minimum of 10,000 signatures (7500
valid signatures) to make it. We have already collected many signatures but we
need your help now.   This is the time for all of us to come to the
aid of Cynthia in her important run for the presidency.  If you are a CT
resident or in a nearby state and would like to help please contact Mike DeRosa
at 860-919-4042 (e-mail: smderosa@ cox.net)
ASAP for petition sheets and/or to connect with a CT petitioner.  We have
until Aug 6, 2008 to hand in signatures so this is your last change to make a
difference and make a change.  We have identified various places in CT
where petitioning can be conducted successfully.  Let’s work
together to make it happen.

Sincerely,

Mike DeRosa
Co-Chair