{news} Appeals For Help In Petitioning for McKinney and for Nader

Ronna Stuller rstuller at snet.net
Mon Jul 21 17:23:26 EDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 4:09 PM, David Bedell wrote:

> I've recently received appeals for both Cynthia McKinney, Green
> Party candidate for President, and Ralph Nader, Independent
> candidate for President, to help get them on the ballot in
> Connecticut.
>
> If you don't have McKinney or Nader petitions and would like them,
> please ask me or one of the contacts below for copies. If you need
> financial support, the Nader campaign is paying petitioners (call
> one of the numbers below).
>
> The McKinney petition can also be downloaded from http://www.ctgreens.org/candidates/president.petition.2008.pdf
>
> Deadline for all petitions is August 6.
>
> David Bedell

How much is the Nader campaign paying petitioners?

I'm not wealthy, but I would be happy to pay into a fund that would
compensate petitioners for McKinney at a comparable rate.  It's a sad
commentary (to me) that petitioning for our progressive candidates may
be coming down to a bidding war.

Of course, Nader's values are green, but his presence on the ballot
does not support our CT candidates running on the Green line the way
McKinney's would.

Just my 2¢.

Ronna