{news} presidential petition

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 17:43:32 EST 2008

I've scanned the petition and posted it at
http://www.ctgreens.org/candidates/president.petition.2008.pdf so that
people can download and print copies.  It's a large file, 1.5 MB, which may
be hard to download--if anyone can make a better scan of the original
(legible and a manageable file size) and email it to me, I'd appreciate it.

For the record, here is the list of candidates for Presidential Elector on
the presidential petition. These people's names will be enshrined in the
State Register & Manual, under "Election Statistics and Statement of Vote".
Below are also the lists for 2004, 2000, and 1996:

2008 petition:
Green
President: Clifford Wallace Thornton, Jr., Glastonbury (placeholder).
Vice President: Greg Gerritt, Providence, RI (placeholder).
Presidential Electors:
Vittorio E. Lancia, Portland;
Richard Z. Duffee, Stamford;
Ronna K. Stuller, New London;
G. Scott Deshefy, Lebanon;
S. Michael DeRosa, Wethersfield;
Barbara A. Barry, Wethersfield;
Timothy L. McKee, Manchester.

2004:
http://www.sots.ct.gov/RegisterManual/SectionVIII/SOV04President.htm
Green
President: David Cobb, 1402 M Street, Eureka, CA 95501.
Vice President: Patricia La Marche, 101 Newell Road, Yarmouth, ME 04096.
Presidential Electors:
John R. Battista, New Milford;
Ed J. DuBrule, West Hartford;
Elizabeth D. Horton Sheff, Hartford;
Charles A. Pillsbury, New Haven;
Lindsey W. Mathews, Branford;
Elizabeth M. Brancato, Torrington;
Thomas J. Sevigny, Canton.

Petitioning Candidate
President: Ralph Nader, 53 Hillside Avenue, Winsted (Winchester), CT 06098.
Vice President: Peter Miguel Camejo, 767 Halidon Way, Folsom, CA 95630.
Presidential Electors:
Timothy L. McKee, Manchester;
Donna Lynn Byrne-McKee, Manchester;
Peter Ellner, Oxford;
Michael Edwardo Ellner, Oxford;
Aaron Tabackman, New Haven;
Ralph Anthony Ferrucci, New Haven;
David C. Agosta, Hamden.

2000:
http://www.sots.ct.gov/RegisterManual/SectionVIII/SOV00President.htm
Green
President: Ralph Nader, 53 Hillside Avenue, Winsted, CT 06098.
Vice President: Winona LaDuke, Route 1, Box 308, Ponsford, MN 56575.
Presidential Electors:
Karin Norton, Mansfield;
Thomas J. Sevigny, Canton;
Edward Shatas, Meriden;
Amy Van Nunes, Windham;
Paul James, Meriden;
Vittorio Lancia, Portland;
Chris Reilly, Newington;
Paul Bassler, Norwalk.

1996 petition (not online):
Green
President: Bertram Garskof, Bethany (placeholder for Ralph Nader).
Vice President: Anthony Bottalico, Hopewell, NY (placeholder for Winona
LaDuke).
Presidential Electors:
James M. Kowalshyn, West Hartford;
Anne M. Dettenborn, West Hartford;