{news} My write- in was NOT COUNTED in Manchester!! was yours??

Ronna Stuller rstuller at snet.net
Tue Nov 11 19:37:40 EST 2008

What is our next step? So far, in New London, 6 people have told me
they wrote in McKinney (including one who voted via absentee ballot),
while the town's tally lists zero.

One person in Norwich said he'd been told by the head moderator that
write-ins would not be counted since there was no official list.
(???)  Yet I received the Presidential list in the mail! (Not sure
why, though... perhaps because I was listed as a McKinney elector?)

Well, I guess one of the reasons we sought official write-in status
for McKinney was to test the system...   (In many places, it clearly
failed, both in terms of consistent posting and consistent counting.)

Ronna