{news} Duffee event photo in New Canaan Advertiser

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:09:12 EDT 2008

      Sometimes even if the newspapers don't want to print our press releases, they will print interesting photos with captions.  I took this one with a simple cell phone camera.

      David Bedell

      http://www.acorn-online.com/joomla15/index.php?option=com_content&id=9773:lopez-holds-picnic-for-green-candidate&Itemid=728

      Lopez holds picnic for Green candidate
      Thursday, September 25, 2008

      Hector Lopez of New Canaan (left) hosted a fund-raiser picnic on Saturday, September 20, to benefit Richard Duffee (right), Green Party candidate for Congress in the Fourth District. Guest speaker was Olga Sanabria Dávila (center), executive secretary of the Committee for Puerto Rico at the United Nations, who spoke on the subject of Puerto Rican independence.

      Other topics discussed included the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as part of a trend toward U.S. imperial foreign policy; the health threats of radiation from Indian Point and other nuclear power plants; and the need to impeach George W. Bush and Dick Cheney in order to restore Constitutional government.