{news} Re: CT state legislature uncontested races

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 23:06:23 EDT 2008

Today I express mailed to the Secretary of the State registration forms for
five write-in candidates in Stamford. The forms should be received by noon
tomorrow, in plenty of time for the 4:00 PM deadline.

The purpose of these write-in candidacies is
1) to test the new voting machines and procedures to make sure write-in
votes are counted and reported;
2) to fill the vacuum left by the Republicans, who have withdrawn from 4 of
the 6 Assembly districts and 1 of the 2 Senate districts in Stamford. The
Green Party is striving to become the second party in Stamford, as the
Republican Party loses support nationally and locally;
3) to offer an alternative to re-electing the incumbents, because all voters
deserve a choice.

The newly filed write-in candidates are:
State Senator, 27th District: David Bedell (write-in)
State Representative, 144th District: Richard Duffee (write-in)
State Representative, 146th District: German Tedesco (write-in)
State Representative, 147th District: Brent Yarnell (write-in)
State Representative, 148th District: David Bedell (write-in)

These are in addition to our ballot-qualified candidates in Fairfield
County:
State Senator, 36th District: Zaac Chaves (in a 3-way race with Democrat and
Republican)
State Representative, 135th District: Remy Chevalier (in a 2-way race with a
Republican)

David Bedell
Green candidate for Registrar of Voters, Stamford
http://www.greenregistrar.org