{news} CTGreens.org website updates - Dodd critique

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:01:01 EDT 2009

One of the items on the last SCC agenda was "CT Green Times News via
website/internet."  I'd like to help by posting articles in a timely manner
on http://www.ctgreens.org - in fact, I've just updated the website with two
articles by James Lavin of Stamford, who has written some informative
critiques of Senator Chris Dodd:

1. "How Senator Dodd Caused the Financial Crisis": This shows how Sen. Dodd,
as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, was the single government
official most responsible for bringing on the current crisis.  In 1999 he
worked to repeal the laws enacted during the Great Depression to protect us
from future banking crises.  At the time, Ralph Nader, Molly Ivins, and
others warned that deregulation would lead to financial disaster.

2. "How Senator Dodd Tried to Stop the Voter-Verified Paper Trail": This is
a followup to Mike DeRosa's 2004 article "Senator Dodd Kills Voter Paper
Trail Bill."  It explains in detail how Dodd pushed for electronic voting
and even opposed electronic machines with an auditable paper trail.

If anyone else has written articles on Green political topics, I'd be happy
to add them to the article archive on the website.  I'll try to keep the
front page updated with links to new articles.  When we have enough, maybe
Mike or someone can edit them into one compilation, with a design layout
suitable for printing as an issue of "CT Green Times."  I could post this on
the website as a PDF file.

David Bedell