{news} Campaign reform Online Town Hall with Rep. Larson

Tim McKee timmckee at mail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:21:46 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----

From: "Tim McKee"
To: timmckee at mail.com
Subject: Fw: Online Town Hall with Rep. Larson
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:20:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 7/29/09, Cheri Quickmire, Connecticut Common Cause

  From: Cheri Quickmire, Connecticut Common Cause
  <CauseNet at commoncause.org>
  Subject: Online Town Hall with Rep. Larson
  To: "Tim McKee" <timmckee at sbcglobal.net>
  Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 8:44 AM

  Dear Tim,

  We just received exciting news about the Fair Elections Now Act, the
  bill that would fundamentally change the way we pay for congressional
  campaigns. On Thursday, July 30th, the House Administration Committee
  will hold a hearing on this important piece of legislation.

  Representative John Larson, the bill's sponsor, will be testifying
  before the committee and will host an Online Town Hall Meeting after
  the hearing at 2pm to discuss the hearing and legislation. You can
  submit questions or upload a video on YouTube to ask Rep. Larson a
  question, and he will reply over a live video stream.

  To learn more or to submit a question, visit
  http://www.larson.house.gov/townhall

  Under the Fair Elections Now Act (HR 1826), qualified candidates who
  take only small contributions can receive ample public funds to run a
  competitive race. And once they're in office, they won't need to
  spend time raising special interest money -- they'll be able to work
  full time for the people.

  It's time to get our elected officials out of the endless fundraising
  chase and back to their real jobs. That's why we need to pass the
  Fair Elections Now Act, and Rep. Larson looks forward to answering
  your questions.

  What: Conversation about reducing the influence of big donors in the
  legislative process
  When: July 30th, 2 pm
  Where: http://www.larson.house.gov/townhall

  Feel free to forward to your friends and family. Thanks for all you
  do!

  Sincerely,

  Cheri Quickmire
  and the rest of the team at Connecticut Common Cause

  Forward this email Give to Common Cause Visit the CommonBlog

  Common Cause is a national nonpartisan organization with chapters in
  38 states. Our mailing address is 1133 19th Street NW, 9th Floor,
  Washington, DC 20036. Our phone number is (202) 833-1200.

  Remove yourself from this mailing.

  Remove yourself from all mailings from Common Cause.

  Modify your profile. [IMAGE]

Tim McKee, New Britian, CT, main number cell-860-778-1304, 860-505-8454
 National Committee member of the Green Party of the United States and is a spokesperson for the Green Party of CT.
BLOG-http://thebiggreenpicture.blogspot.com

--
How Strong is Your Score?
Click here to see yours for $0!