{news} Single-payer petition

Steve Fournier stepfour at stepfour.com
Thu Jun 11 10:23:29 EDT 2009

On the agenda for this month's state central committee meeting: gathering
signatures on petitions to Connecticut's House members demanding that they
co-sponsor HR676, Medicare for all.  Recommended language:

"I urge my member of Congress to add his or her name as a co-sponsor of
HR676, Medicare for all, now pending in the House.  I understand that this
law will provide national health insurance for all Americans."

We could start circulating these petitions immediately, see how quick we can
deliver 5,000 signatures to our all-Dem delegation.  I posted a printable
sample at www.stepfour.com/petition.htm