{news} PDA forum in Middletown

Ronna Stuller rstuller at snet.net
Tue May 26 22:23:43 EDT 2009

https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/309/personalopt1.asp?formid=meet&c=4074145

Day of Action in Middletown, CT ~ Forum

Open Health Care Forum boasts a panel that includes Congressman John
Conyers and Donna Smith from the Michael Moore movie ‘Sicko’

Join thousands of single-payer supporters in a nationwide week of
action to support improved Medicare for all (HR 676). Single-payer
activists will be gathering all over the country to say, "Healthcare,
yes; Insurance companies, no."

Confirmed for the panel are Katie Robbins, the assistant national
coordinator for Healthcare-NOW!; Donna Smith, featured in Michael
Moore’s movie Sicko, who is a legislative associate and community
organizer for the California Nurses Association; and Rep. John Conyers
(D-MI), who introduced HR 676, the current Federal legislation for a
Medicare-for-all style health care system. Also invited for the panel
are a local community doctor and a local professor of economics. Many
CT legislators are being invited, including Rep. DeLauro, Rep. Murphy,
Rep. Courtney, and Sen. Dodd.

Please make sure you bring Healthcare NOT Warfare visibility items
with you. Order yours here. Be sure to order FREE professionally
printed flyers, shipping charges apply.

More Info: Deb Hall or (860) 302-5352
Emily Langner or (518) 928-1318

Register to Attend

When  	Thursday, May 28, 2009
6:30 PM

Where 	Wesleyan University’s Exley Science Center
265 Church St
Middletown, CT
See Map

REGISTER TO ATTEND
Please enter your contact information to register for this event.
(This information must match your credit card billing address.)
* = required field

Name:*
First:
MI:
Last:
Employer:*
Occupation:*
Street Address:*
Address line 2:
City:*
State:*
Zip:*
Email:*
	I certify that I am 18 or older*
	I certify that I am a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident*