{news} (NEWS RELEASE) CT GREENS RALLY 'NADER FOR SENATE" AT BOOK SIGNING

Tim McKee thebiggreenpicture at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:52:39 EST 2009

*GREEN PARTY OF CONNECTICUT*

 *News Release- November 25, 2009- for immediate release    *

 CONTACT; Tim McKee, Spokesperson and National Committee member, cell (860)
860-778-1304,  Email: thebiggreenpicture at gmail.com

Steve Fournier, State Co-Chair (860) 794-6718

*CT GREENS RALLY 'NADER FOR SENATE' AT BOOK SIGNING*
**
WEST HARTFORD- Green Party of Ct. officials continue their efforts to get Ralph
Nader to run for and win the U.S. Senate race in 2010 with a rally Friday,
November 27 at 3 pm  before an appearance of Nader at a local book signing
event.

Winsted native Ralph Nader will talk about his novel, "Only the Super-Rich
Can Save Us!," at the West Hartford Public Library Friday afternoon. Nader's
book tour is free, but only 100 tickets will be distributed — first-come,
first-served — starting at 3:15 p.m. in the Reference Reading Room on the
main level of the *Noah Webster Library, 20 S. Main St.

*Nader will then sign books from 3:30 to 4 p.m. and begin the hour long talk
and Q&A at about 4:15 p.m. The Bookworm bookstore is co-sponsoring the
event.

Green Party National Committee person Tim McKee said  " We  will have home
made signs urging Nader to run to win the Senate race as part of large grass
roots effort that continues to grow across the state and country. If we have
100 volunteers, raise $3-5 million, and with Dodd losing in every poll, we
think Nader can we win in a three way race."

McKee stressed "Nader has not said yes or no to a Senate race, but he is
getting flooded with questions from the media and the blog-o-sphere is a
buzz with speculating."

#end of release#

--
Tim McKee -National Committee of the Green Party for the state of
Connecticut, New Britain,CT