[om-announce] distributed OM/"sharing" design, new tutorial & documentation

OneModel announcements om-announce at onemodel.org
Mon Jun 13 12:56:42 EDT 2016

Some updates:
   1) distributed OM or "sharing" design
   2) new tutorial & documentation

1) distributed OM or "sharing" design

2) new tutorial & documentation
Using suggestions from the recent discussions on soylentnews.org:
    https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/04/23/0149257
..., I added a tutorial to the web site.  It is linked in the "Free
demo" page and the Documentation page.  I also added other introductory
content (what it does, architecture), under "More about OM" then
"Features, limitations, internals", and then "internals".
    tutorial:  http://onemodel.org/1/e-9223372036854612053.html
    features:  http://onemodel.org/1/e-9223372036854618107.html
    internals/architecture stuff:
        http://onemodel.org/1/e-9223372036854618069.html

I also made the (telnet) demo instance of OneModel look better with an
80-column terminal (not perfect but better), simplified a bit, and added
a reference to the tutorial.  This included changing some OM menu text
lines, to fit better.  But due to low usage, the demo isn't running all
the time: contact me if you want to try it out, and I'll restart it.

Comments & suggestions appreciated, as always.

-Luke