[TDA_wg] vendors for remote dome cameras?

Frederic V. Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Mon Jul 6 11:41:50 EDT 2015

We’ve always used AXIS cameras (for purely historical reasons) and have been quite happy.  They also have panning/zooming opt+NIR cameras:

	http://www.axis.com/us/en/products/axis-q8721-e

I’m sure there are also other equivalent manufacturers.  Depends upon how much money you want to spend.

We’re switching our contollers (roof, weatherstation, ….)  in the long-term to RaspberryPi’s/BananaPi's - rather than panning it might be simpler, robuster, and cheaper to install 4x RPi’s running their own cameras  in a simple dome.  You would also have controll over what they do, which is harder if you are tied to some vender’s software.

RIck

Dr. Frederic V. Hessman     Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Institut für Astrophysik          Tel.  +49-551-39-5052
Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1         Fax +49-551-39-5043
37077 Goettingen                 Room F04-133
http://www.Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de/~hessman
MONET: a MOnitoring NEtwork of Telescopes
http://monet.Uni-Goettingen.de