[TDA_wg] vendors for remote dome cameras?

Arne Henden arne at aavso.org
Mon Jul 6 11:57:44 EDT 2015

The cameras we use for our AAVSOnet installations are from Foscam, a very
reliable and inexpensive brand available everywhere (try Amazon).  There
are models for 640x480, HD, just pan/tilt, or pan and zoom.  They transfer
either by WIFI or hardwire.  We've used over a dozen and have never had a
failure.  The model we have is the FI8910W; other typical ones are FI8921W
(HD); the FI9826W has zoom and is the one I'd buy today.  Note:  these
cameras have IR illuminators built in, but you have software control to
turn the LEDs on/off, which is essential in an observatory environment.
Arne