[TDA_wg] Hotwired IV and taming complexity

Griffin, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Griffin at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu May 14 11:16:50 EDT 2015

Hi Rob,

Delighted to know that things are moving swimmingly at Hotwired IV.  The proposed TDA movements will certainly benefit with such an enthusiastic and energetic embryo.

Just one teeny point.  Mine might be a lone voice in the Hotwired community, but I do feel the need to whisper somewhere that transients are not quite the whole story behind TDA.  Of course, if you go to some "astronomy heritage" gathering you won't hear quite so much about transients and rather more about time-scales of 100 years or more and of different technologies required to interpret them.  We are all part of the same scene, and it is perhaps not a bad idea to keep in mind the essential breadth of that scene before one set - whichever - assumes that it is the majority one!

I hope the remaining 2 H/w days will be equally great!

Elizabeth Griffin