[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 12/22/2014

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 22 17:45:13 EST 2014

Last Week

*        TL;DR - Spent a bunch of time with potential customers and on email. Spent 1.5 days writing an article<http://thaliproject.org/ThaliAndIoT> explaining our IoT strategy. Got some coding done on figuring out node-gyp usage but more to go.

*        Monday - I spent most of the days in meetings including a meeting with an awesome potential customer! I submitted an update to Selenium in PouchDB and did work on the retry bug issue.

*        Tuesday - Most of the morning was lost to a personal appointment along with a good morning call with Jukka Silvennoinen who is now working on some Thali issues. Spent a good portion of the day working on an article about Thali and IoT.

*        Wednesday - Spent most of the day on the Thali and IoT article which I published<http://thaliproject.org/ThaliAndIoT>. Had a meeting about another potential customer. Continued to write code to use PouchDB to analyze node-gyp usage amongst NPM.

*        Thursday - Had a call with the Webinos folks (since what we do and what they do is so similar). Made progress in my node-gyp analysis although first I blew up PouchDB when I tried to use alldocs on a 0.5 GB compressed DB. Then I ran into a data corruption error that I reported<https://github.com/pouchdb/pouchdb/issues/3216>.

*        Friday - Lost the whole morning to email. :( I tried to run my index query for node-gyp on PouchDB and discovered it's 100x slower than CouchDB. :( Wasted a bunch of time finding out that if you generate an index while in Debug mode in Node.js then things run even slower! Wrote code to try to query github to get data on node-gyp usage.

Next Week

*        Finish node-gyp analysis

*        I suspect I should really focus on getting our SSL framework up and running in Node so we have something to test as we try to move to mobile platforms.