[Thali-talk] QR codes

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 2 13:14:02 EDT 2015

Samsung - When I brought the QR-Code app up the camera was still black. But I then exited the QR-Code app and used the camera app for a second and switched back to the QR-Code app and it worked!

Nexus - Previously the camera worked as soon as I opened the QR-Code app. But after updating the camera now comes up black. But when I tried the same trick as above it worked.

In experimenting with scanning the codes the experience was noticeably more fiddly than yesterday. With the Samsung in particular I had to hold the camera steady and get it to focus right before it successfully scanned the code.

The experience wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. It really requires the user to understand what is going on, to move their phones around a lot, etc. Personally, my opinion (which is worth exactly what you paid for it) is that this is just too hard an experience. But that's an opinion, not a fact.

		Yaron