[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 4/6/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 6 14:19:04 EDT 2015

One Week Ago:

*        TL;DR - 2 line PR to PouchDB to support AJAX options!! Woohoo! :) Investigating atts_since support on CouchDB/PouchDB. Dealing with iOS P2P issues.

*        Monday - Long talks with team members. Spent most of the day understanding how PouchDB handles attachments.

*        Tuesday - Working on reviewing an internal doc and then back to PouchDB.

*        Wednesday - More doc review. Then figuring out atts_since on CouchDB. I started with manual testing using Fiddler and then switched to testing using PouchDB client API only to discover that it doesn't support the ajax option even though the docs claim it does!

*        Thursday - Long talk with team member. Found out that the browser test script on PouchDB doesn't work on Windows anymore. So I fixed that. Also fixed the ajax feature and submitted a PR. Back to work on figuring out atts_since.

*        Friday - Day went to heck pretty quickly. We are having serious problems with iOS P2P support. This required talking to our customer. Starting a blog article. And just about anything but actual coding.

Next Week:

*        Carve out time to work on atts_since. It doesn't look it from above but most of the week was spent on non-coding activities. So I have blocked Tuesdays and Thursdays so I should get at least two days of coding in a week.