[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 4/15/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 15 22:17:26 EDT 2015

One Week Ago

  *   TL;DR - Worked on atts_since support in PouchDB, wrote an article on ACLs and PouchDB/Thali<http://www.goland.org/thaliacls/>, started working on BLE discovery issues and tons and tons and tons of email/slide decks/internal discussions/etc.
  *   Monday - Most of the day was spent on internal team stuff, discussions, code reviews, etc. Did get to spend some time working on tests for atts_since but ran into a bug that JSON was being inappropriately quoted and this was breaking _revs_diff.
  *   Tuesday - Sick Day but still figured out that the quoting issue was due to a changed behavior in the newer version of node.js "Request" I was using so reverted.
  *   Wednesday - Ran into a horrible situation where different PouchDB clones were behaving differently during tests. I tried to delete everything in sight (tmp directories, global caches, etc.) but nothing fixed it! Finally had to nuke the depot from orbit. That worked. Ended up having to blow most of the day putting together a slide deck for an internal technical deep dive on Thali.
  *   Thursday - Wrote an article on how we can implement ACLs for PouchDB/Thali and did a bunch of calls/emails.
  *   Friday - Got drowned in a metric ton of emails. We had the potential to get some extra resources so I went through our backlog to see if we could profitably use them and decided the answer was no. Started working on BLE discovery issues. It's a delicious mess.

Next Week:

  *   Monday and Tuesday - VACATION!
  *   Code reviews on newly released libraries
  *   Work on BLE discovery issues