[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8//2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 6 12:12:42 EDT 2015

Matt - Yesterday he code reviewed my PRs and worked on Mux tests. Today he should hopefully finish the Mux tests, submit them for code review and then start working on story 0.0.1 Identity Exchange.

Srikanth - Yesterday he continued to work on his tests. Today he should merge with my story 0 and then submit his tests with the merged code to story 0.0. He will also work on the drop down since we want to first see if maybe Oguz can give us the TLS feature we need rather than having to use the work around I came up with.

Yaron - Yesterday, had a long code review with Matt. Updated my laptop to Windows 10 with zero pain! Made sure we could run on the new JXCore release. Updated story 0 based on Matt's comments. And on boarded Luke Van Horn (see below). Today if Matt can get back to me on my fixes I can release story 0 for Android! Then I need to write a detailed mail to Oguz about what we need for TLS, I need to review Oguz's testing proposal and review Srikanth's PR fixes for my comments.

David - Yesterday he picked polymer as the framework to use for the new postcard app and got the existing app more or less working using a common instance of CouchDB so he can develop on the desktop. Today he will start to learn polymer and use it to update the UX.

Luke - Luke Van Horn is giving the Thali team a try out. He is a Node.js guy so we asked him to please tackle adding atts_since to PouchDB. This will enable us to download changed documents without also having to download their attachments if those attachments haven't changed. This is a key perf requirement for our scenarios. I spent more than an hour yesterday explaining to Luke what is involved and starting today he is reading through the CouchDB docs and trying to understand how replication works, what atts_since does, etc.