[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/7/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 7 13:51:46 EDT 2015

We release story 0 for Android!!!!!! See here<https://github.com/thaliproject/Thali_CordovaPlugin/releases/tag/story-0-android> for the core library and here<https://github.com/thaliproject/postcardapp/tree/story_0> for the demo app!

Matt - Yesterday he finished the Mux tests and needs to submit them for PR but got side tracked because he is handling all the media related stuff for our Story 0 release on Android. He is will be working a bunch today on the media stuff and hopefully then submit the PR.

Srikanth - Yesterday he fixed various issues I found in my review of his code as well as wrote some more tests. Today he has more tests to write as well as trying to figure out the whole drop down thing.

Yaron - Yesterday Matt finished his review of my install code and I made some more small changes before doing end to end testing to make sure everything worked and releasing story 0 on Android! I spent a good chunk of the day deep diving into OpenSSL's code to figure out how we can get it to do what we need for Thali. Today is going to be a mess. I have a bunch of issues to resolve including backed up emails, reviewing Srikanth's latest code changes, reviewing Oguz's test proposal, getting a MSDN account so I can download the latest Visual Studio to work on OpenSSL and even figuring out how to scan my passport photo so I can use it for my new company ID.

David - He already has a mock up of the postcard app running in polymer and hopes to have the app actually up and running for real by early next week.

Luke - He had some issues getting CouchDB working on Windows so instead he has it running on his Raspberry Pi. He also got TCP dump working but now understands why I strongly recommended using Fiddler instead. So today he'll figure out how to get Fiddler working as well as start playing with PouchDB.

Jukka - Yes, he's back! After three weeks of vacation! His immediate work items are to either figure out how to improve the awful discovery performance of Wi-Fi Direct Service Discovery or at least capture statistics on just how bad it is so we can try to talk to Google. He also needs to review the Java code since it is not thread safe. As long as we only talk to one device at a time that isn't a big deal but in the future it will cause problems so we need to fix it now.