[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/10/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 10 17:03:05 EDT 2015

Matt - He spent Friday doing PR stuff with the story 0 release. Today he is debugging a problem Mike found in story 0 that relates to the native/mux layer. This work is likely to result in new tests in the Mux layer so that will delay him submitting his PR.

Srikanth - He talked with David to get advise on how to do the drop down and worked on fixing issues I raised in my comments. Today he will hopefully get his current PR completed and close my comments before he does a merge with story 0 and puts in new tests.

Yaron - Friday started with helping Mike get through his first errors in our story 0 release which ended up requiring me to rewrite our broken install directions. Then handled a bunch of internal cruft. Reviewed the testing proposal from Oguz. Got VS Enterprise 2015 up and running so I could more easily explore the OpenSSL code. Sent mail to an internal OpenSSL expert asking for feedback as well as to Oguz asking if he would be o.k. adding this feature. Today I'm helping to figure out another blocker Mike ran into and I finished my OpenSSL article before I move on to do some Wi-Fi Direct testing with existing apps.

David - He has PouchDB behaving itself across everything from mobile to desktop (not using Thali but that's o.k.) and is going to work on binding PouchDB to polymer. Our new postcard app UX should be available in a day or two!

Luke - He got sucked into what turned out to be an all day work item for his old project and is now doing a 1/2 day work item for the project. So hopefully he'll get back to studying later today.

Jukka - He did some studying to figure out how to make his code multi-thread safe. But in the meantime I've asked him to focus on BLE to determine if it suffers from the same discovery issues we keep running into with Wi-Fi Direct. So he'll use that multi-thread knowledge on BLE.

Sreejumon - Last week he was in a hack fest but now he is back and he is working on getting our Logging framework up and running.