[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/13/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 13 11:31:58 EDT 2015

Matt - He found some race conditions in the Node.js code as well as problems in the Java code. Some of the Java problems were actually already known about (thread safety issues) but others may or may not be new. In either case Matt has a PR ready to go for story 0 to fix the node.js race condition issue and he has finished up the mux testing for story 0.0. So he is working on getting both accepted.

Srikanth - Yesterday he finished my remaining review comments. Today we will see if there are any new comments and if they are not then he will work on putting in TLS support without validation for story 0.0.

Yaron - Reviewed Matt, Jukka and Sreejmon's PRs. Got Jukka's BLE code to run on my phones perfectly!

David - He thinks he'll have a demo for us of the new postcard app code running over his own local PouchDB server instance by tomorrow. Once that is done then he'll start integrating the code into the full Thali framework and using our replication manager.

Luke - Yesterday he got fiddler up and running with both PouchDB and CouchDB so he can see how the world is working. Today his old project came back for (we hope) the final time. So we'll probably lose 1/2 a day there. But we really want to make sure he finishes his previous project as cleanly as possible. Then he will start reading the CouchDB replication docs.

Jukka - He has been working figuring out the problems that Matt has been running into with the Bluetooth layer. He is trying to repro the issues on his side. Meanwhile he is going to submit a PR to story 0.0 changing our discovery layer from Wi-Fi Direct Service Discovery to BLE. I do think we'll eventually add Wi-Fi Direct Peer Discovery in order to support older phones but we've given up on Wi-Fi Direct Service Discovery. It just plain doesn't seem to work across various Android phone types.

Sreejumon - Yesterday he finished up some fixes I asked with Winston and today he is at an event in the Bay Area but otherwise should start working on Story 0.0.1.

Oguz - Still working on the testing framework to let us do continuous integration tests from GitHub against a collection of physical devices, goal is still this weekend.

Toby - He has all of the tests passing on iOS! So in theory we could ship story 0. But in reality there are a number of race conditions he knows about that he needs to fix first before we can do a formal PR. But we are super close to having story 0 on iOS!!!!!