[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/14/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 14 13:10:08 EDT 2015

Matt - After our various issues with Bluetooth and other edge case failures he has beefed up our mux testing even more. We should get the mux tests submitted as a PR today and then he will move on to identity exchange. He will also get Jukka's latest bug fixed versions of the Bluetooth code checked into Story 0.

Srikanth - Yesterday he was mostly out at an offsite with the team in the bay area. Today he is going to move over to his new laptop because he is having serious build problems with Leveldown on his old laptop. Once he gets over to the new laptop he will finish up my last comments in the PR and then we will close it. At that point he will merge his code with the latest story 0 code and then submit a PR to do the TLS work we want for story 0.0 (using certs but not validating them yet).

Yaron - Yesterday was spent on a bunch of PR reviews. Wrote an article on how we will handle Android and iOS interop. Worked on the wi-fi discovery code I want to publish with another article on why we are giving up on Wi-Fi Direct discovery. I'm going to work on the wi-fi direct discovery code a bit today but I'm going to time box it since it isn't worth much more effort. Then I'll go back to working on ACLs.

David - He has a demo and I saw it! The UX is much (much) better than our current UX. He now has to get it working with our native layer and add in some functionality (address book selection) and then we can ship this as our 0.0 UX for the postcard app.

Luke - He has finished with his old project completely! So he spent yesterday and will spend today studying the CouchDB replication specs and looking at replications on the wire so he has a good understanding of how replication normally works. This will set him up for doing the atts_since work.

Jukka - He has been working on various bugs in the Bluetooth stack. The threading problems turned out to be an issue and during testing he found other issues with a race condition in the Bluetooth handshake. So he is debugging through those and we are getting those checked into story 0.

Sreejumon - He was out most of yesterday with Srikanth. Today he is starting work on story 0.0.1.

Oguz - No big status change since yesterday. The goal is that we should be able to do continuous integration on Android devices by early next week.

Toby - He is still squashing some edge case bugs on iOS. The plan is that we will ship story 0 on iOS next week.