[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/17/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 17 19:50:43 EDT 2015

Matt - He finished up the Mux tests but then realized that he wasn't happy with the structure of the replication manager and is now threatening to do a bunch of edits. But meantime he is blocked on me getting a review of his latest changes. He worked with Jukka to get Jukka's new Bluetooth code submitted but we are waiting for the PR.

Srikanth - He finally finished his mega PR and needs to submit it. Then he needs to work on putting in basic TLS support into story 0.0.

Yaron - An entire day spent on calls with an endless number of folks. Helping to fix problems our boss's boss ran into getting the project work (thankfully all fixed) and reviewing PRs from Srikanth and Matt. Also got to work on the article explaining why we are giving up on Wi-Fi Direct Service Discovery. Today I predict I will be doing nothing but phone calls. [☹]

David - He added address book support for the postcard app (needed for 0.0) and is now working on integrating his new postcard app with our native layer.

Luke - He has debugged through some replications and is now starting to go deeper into the protocol so he can figure out where atts_since should go.

Jukka - He made more fixes to Bluetooth that we were supposed to check in but he checked them in early without a PR. Unfortunately he then did a revert instead of a reset which means we can't generate a PR now because the PR branch is part of master's history even if it's changes aren't visible. So Jukka will now need to do a reset on master to take it back to before he made his changes. Then he needs to fix the last race condition we know about in Bluetooth and submit a PR to story 0.0 switching Android to BLE for discovery.

Sreejumon - He spent Friday working on the identity exchange but now he is going to work instead on some key performance tests we need to make sure we don't have a repeat of story 0's discovery issues on Android.

Oguz - He has run into an issue powering phones using Raspberry PIs and is focused on fixing that.

Toby - Has the full postcard app working on iOS!!!!!!!! He is now blocked on me reviewing his PR.