[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/18/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 18 12:10:35 EDT 2015

Matt - He is now blocked on me reviewing his Mux tests. Meanwhile he is going to go work on identity exchange (story 0.0.1).

Srikanth - He is blocked on me reviewing his latest PR (notice a trend here?) and meanwhile is experimenting with TLS support using PouchDB. There was an old bug in PouchDB that replications didn't always honor AJAX settings which is a big deal for us since we depend on those settings for our TLS support. If that bug is still there the we won't worry about TLS in story 0.0 (the original plan hadn't included it at all) and Srikanth will instead focus on openssl changes we need and we will fix the TLS issues later in a story we already have for that purpose.

Yaron - I spent the entire day on calls. It was absolutely awful! That is why so many people are blocked on me. We also will start to use the shadow list for reviews so we don't serialize the entire group on me. Today I will be digging out of email and doing a bunch of PR reviews.

David - He is working on multi-select for the address book because he is blocked getting Toby's latest code to work with the postcard app. He will talk with Toby to try and get unblocked.

Luke - He is digging through the Erlang and Javascript code from CouchDB and PouchDB respectively to figure out how CouchDB does atts_since and how PouchDB would handle it. He will write up an article explaining how he thinks atts_since works and send it out to the CouchDB and PouchDB mailing lists for review.

Jukka - He needs to do a GIT reset to fix an accidental commit and then submit his story 0 Bluetooth fixes as a PR. Meanwhile he has created a brand new repro that puts in BLE support and will check that into story 0.0.

Sreejumon - We had a bug come in that Cordova has changed its Android minimum SDK and that broke some of our code. He is going to update our code and also file a issue with Stack Overflow to figure out why Cordova's built in mechanism for automatically setting the minimum SDK (we do it programmatically ourselves) doesn't work. He will then go back to working on the perf framework.

Oguz - They figured out the power problem. The USB hubs they were using weren't able to provide enough power to the phones. So they are getting new USB hubs but it's going to take a few days for them to come in. Once they are in we should be able to start running continuous integration tests.

Toby - He had to fix a small bug that kept the app from properly coming back from sleep but otherwise he is (wait, tell me if you have heard this one before) blocked on me to review his PR. His PR is massive so it will take me a few days to go through it all. Meanwhile he is going to start on working on the notification framework.