[Thali-talk] Regarding tor in android

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 11 14:28:58 EST 2015

Happy to help if I can. Did you read the documentation at https://github.com/thaliproject/Tor_Onion_Proxy_Library/blob/master/universal/src/main/java/com/msopentech/thali/toronionproxy/OnionProxyManager.java? It explains all the APIs. You will need to bind to https://github.com/thaliproject/Tor_Onion_Proxy_Library/blob/master/android/src/main/java/com/msopentech/thali/android/toronionproxy/AndroidOnionProxyManager.java in order to use it on Android. That is just an overload that handles some Android specific stuff.

You can see a real world use of the library in https://github.com/thaliproject/thali/blob/f49f7429856ac443b37e0c044ac8f1de60aa40f9/Production/ThaliDeviceHub/android/android/src/main/java/com/msopentech/thali/devicehub/android/ThaliDeviceHubService.java

The previous is an Android program that starts up the Tor Proxy and then uses it.

If you are going to use this for real let me know as the Tor binaries it packs are six months old and really need to be updated.

    Thanks,

            Yaron