[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 1/19/2014

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 19 15:58:18 EST 2015

Last Week:

  *   TL;DR - Went before Crypto Board to get approval for commitment protocol. Worked on mesh mess article. Tested Android/iPhone data exchange apps. Tons of meetings.
  *   Monday - Cleaned up issues in Pivotal. Did a bunch of reading of protocols proposed by the Crypto board before we all realized that a commitment protocol is the right solution. More work on a crypto proposal for identity (unrelated to my day job). Work on a possible IEEE article. Then started to work on requirements for our second customer.
  *   Tuesday -  More crypto board mail and identity crypto proposal work. Had a good call with our site lead in Israel. Lost of time spent on Crypto Board mail. Actually went to the Crypto Board to review our commitment protocol and get it approved. Updated both of our potential customer's requirements docs.
  *   Wednesday - Had two meetings, one with internal sales and another internal meeting. Bunch of emails on legal stuff. Ran experiments between iPhone and Android testing out apps to see what communication strategies actually worked.
  *   Thursday - Had to do an emergency edit on a deck for a customer we were presenting later that day. Had an awesome meeting with a radio expert in MSR that opened up a lot of great ideas. Then had the meeting with the customer the deck was for. Got to work on the mesh mess article.
  *   Friday - Worked on mesh mess article. More emails. Had a great meeting with some internal IoT folks. This led to a bunch of follow up PM style work item.

This Week:

  *   Finally get to finish second customer's requirements (I hope)
  *   Finish major update to mesh mess article
  *   Write article on how we want to handle P2P communication between handsets
  *   Maybe get to finish node-gyp work?